Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Church Home
I often equated finding a church home to dating. You go on many dates to find that special someone. Its okay to move around if they are not to your liking. You do not want to settle and you want to be sure they are the "one".
Over the years, I've watched my favorite Illinois pastor online. He grew me in so many ways spiritually. In the past two years, I've occasionally attended a local church. The service was okay and while I left satisfied of having been at a physical church, something was missing.
I tried two different times to join the Illinois church online, to no avail. When I called to inquire about the membership, they said there was no such thing as an "online member". Weird I thought and went back online to check it out. Sure enough, it read, 'online membership - for those that cannot make it into church'.
I tried to apply one last time. Still nothing. I decided this was a sign from God that He wanted me in a local church.
One day soon after, I retrieved my mail and found a flyer for a new church located 10 mins away from me. Start time was 10:00 a.m. I was a little skeptical because it was at a Middle School but after emailing the church, the pastor informed me that yes, this is their location until God blesses them with a church home. Super close and not super early, there was no reason for me to not check it out.
Sunday came and I was excited to go. With the church being new and small, I would get the intimacy I craved and would be able to help grow them and actually make a difference. The pastor would know my name and I could truly fellowship with the members.
As I was driving, I prayed that God would help me keep an open mind and heart and receive what He wants me to receive and not judge.
All the stars aligned. The praise and worship was great. The sermon spoke directly to me and touch my soul on such a deep, spiritual level, I could do nothing but weep. He even invited us to the alter to get prayed for. Something I extremely missed and hadn't seem to get from a bigger church.
I left happy, fulfilled, and asked God the question, "Is it possible to know you want to marry someone on the first date?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment