Thursday, March 9, 2017

Lent 2017

This year, I wanted to participate in Lent.  Not because I'm catholic, but because I wanted to use this time to grow closer to God.  

I decided to give up using my phone between the hours of 8-4.  Initially it was pretty hard.  You see, me and my phone are buddies.  She is my sidekick. She has my back when I'm lost, bored, need to communicate, or need to remember something.  :-)

It is much easier during the week when I'm at work.  I'm more focused and get so much more done.  

This past weekend wasn't too bad, though.  My boys had basketball tournaments and I had a lot of errands to run.  I will say, it was weird. Its second nature just to grab my phone and play a game or send a text.  I definitely had to practice self discipline.  

Even though I did find myself struggling when a thought came to mind and I wanted to text it or wanted to look something up real quick, it reminded me of the reason I'm doing this.  So instead, I talked to God or had a thought about His goodness and proceeded on with my day.  

Wonder what this weekend will be like.  No games at all!  

Wish me luck!  




1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to report, I"m still going strong. I've been able to focus at work and get so much done on my weekends. I might just keep this up. :-)

    ReplyDelete