This morning, in 'Jesus Calling' by Sarah Young, she wrote about nicknaming your problems and how it helps you to approach them with familiarity rather than dread.
I thought, what a splendid idea. This will also help to lose some of its power.
There are times at work when I get stuck in a rut and I will make one mistake after another. This does not happen often, but when it does, I feel defeated, scared of what my boss will think, and fearful for my job.
With this being a big problem for me, I thought this would be a good candidate for nicknaming.
Work Bug
Overview: A virus you catch from time to time when you worry excessively over mistakes made at work.
Symptoms: Worry, stress, anxiety, nervousness, doubt, condemnation, fleeing thoughts all while at work.
Causes: Lack of faith and trust in God.
When to see a doctor: Seek immediate attention. The doctor (God) has already given you plenty of prescriptions (scriptures) to help you get over this virus. AND it is free of charge. Please don't let the problem persist for longer than 2 hours. A meltdown could occur.
That was fun!
Do you have any nicknames for your problems?
No comments:
Post a Comment