One day, I voiced my concern to my friend P, regarding my son Jordan's behavior. Her response was, 'He's just like you.' I was astonished by this because I never really thought about this possibility.
More and more of his idiosyncrasies come out and I evaluate myself. By doing this, I can relate to him and help him/us formulate a plan to get better.
Recently, I've been trying to figure out why I always feel condemned. I tell myself that God does not condemn and discipline does not equal condemnation.
As I thought more on this subject, I realized that Jordan does the same thing. When I get on him about a misbehaving, he gets mopey and super sad. I explain to him that I love him and I'm not mad at him. I give him hugs and kisses and tell him that its me needing to teach him what's right from wrong. He's still sad and nothing I can say will make him feel any better.
This is me all day long. The only difference is, his sorrow is short-lived. Usually by the next day (if it happens at bedtime) or the next hour, he is good. Mine tends to linger.
What can I glean from him? That its okay to be down for a moment, but I should quickly get over it because I know my Father will always love me and has my best interest at heart.
Thanks Jordan!
No comments:
Post a Comment