I walked for what felt like eternity.
My feeble legs started to tremble in defeat.
The further I walked, the more objects became smaller.
Until they no longer remained.
The fog obstructed my view.
I was destitute and only bleakness and dejection were friends
My existence was starting to collapse.
When did I make a wrong turn?
Where was my weakened feet taking me?
I thought about home, family, friends.
Oh to be comforted by them.
I heard the echo of my own voice as I yelled, "Help!"
It resonated through every part of my body.
Another slow painful step forward brought me to my knees.
As I blinked back the tears, I saw a sign.
I courageously crawled closer and it became visibly clear.
In such beautiful calligraphy, it read:
"This way, My Child"
I rose and walked optimistically ahead.
My strength had been renewed.
My body and mind, restored.
I was no longer lost, but found.
My feeble legs started to tremble in defeat.
The further I walked, the more objects became smaller.
Until they no longer remained.
The fog obstructed my view.
I was destitute and only bleakness and dejection were friends
My existence was starting to collapse.
When did I make a wrong turn?
Where was my weakened feet taking me?
I thought about home, family, friends.
Oh to be comforted by them.
I heard the echo of my own voice as I yelled, "Help!"
It resonated through every part of my body.
Another slow painful step forward brought me to my knees.
As I blinked back the tears, I saw a sign.
I courageously crawled closer and it became visibly clear.
In such beautiful calligraphy, it read:
"This way, My Child"
I rose and walked optimistically ahead.
My strength had been renewed.
My body and mind, restored.
I was no longer lost, but found.
Written by: Juanyta Bradley

No comments:
Post a Comment